Information for Poster Presenters
Steps for Poster Presenters
To prepare for your poster presentation at The Training Institutes, all poster presenters must:
- Ensure that you have submitted to present a poster. This includes individuals who have previously submitted during the original call for papers. If you have not yet done so, you can submit a Poster Presenter Information form online. To avoid duplication, the form should only be completed by the lead presenter of each poster presentation. If you have already submitted a proposal for a poster presentation, or submitted a proposal for another presentation that was shifted to a poster presentation, you do not need to re-submit.
- Review the guidelines below carefully and prepare the display for your poster presentation accordingly.
- Register as an attendee at the Training Institutes. Poster presenters are responsible for the full registration fee.
DEADLINE for poster submissions is May 29, 2020 COB.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
This year, we are using a new poster format based on Mike Morrison's "Better Poster" to increase engagement in the poster sessions. This new format:
- Fosters conversation
- Is visually appealing
- Clearly identifies the main findings of the study, and
- Can be linked to a web-page that offers more detailed information
Here are some resources that describe this new style and its benefits:
Creating Your Poster
Posters should be displayed using one of the templates below. Please select the template that matches the size of your poster. Instructions for adding your content are included as sidebars within the template.
Please DO NOT edit the master slides or branding for templates.
Template instructions and sizing formats were obtained from PosterPresentations.com
QR Codes and Web-Based Content
The University of Maryland will provide additional content to poster viewers via a PDF that is linked to a QR code on each poster. On the day of the poster session, The University of Maryland will pin a 5"x5" QR code to the board or poster for each poster that has submitted a PDF document.
You will submit this content using the Poster Additional Content form. Please note that your information must be submitted as a PDF document and that the file size may not exceed 100MB. DEADLINE for submitting PDFs is Friday, May 29, 2020 COB.
What to Expect at The Training Institutes and During the Poster Session
All display materials must be made in advance and brought with you to The Training Institutes. To create your presentation, use lighweight poster board, thin foam core, or paper. Heavier display materials may be difficult to secure to the display boards. Poster presentes have the option of purchasing their posterboard and printing it on site at the Rosen Shingle Creek. To take advantage of these services, contact RICOH, the hotel's onsite business center, and they will walk you through the process for getting your poster printed. Poster presenters are responsible for all expenses that are incurred with this option.
During the Poster Session, you may expect that many people will attend, ask questions, and request information. If you would like to provide handouts, we suggest you prepare 100 copies before arriving at the conference. Copying services at the hotel will be more costly.
If you need AV equipment, or need to be located near an electrical outlet in order to use a computer, please indicate this on your Poster Presenter Information Form so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
For each poster, the University of Maryland, Baltimore will provide a display board that measures 48 inches high by 96 inches wide (i.e. 4 feet high by 8 feet wide). The boards are covered with felt material and are self-standing
Push pins and Velcro tape will be provided by the University of Maryland, Baltimore for you to secure your display to the board.
A classroom style table (6 feet by 18 inches) will be set with each display board for materials or handouts that you may wish to display or offer to participants.
The assigned location for your poster presentation will be indicated by the name and number of your poster presentation affixed to the display board.
You are responsible for promptly removing all materials from the display boards and tables at the end of the Poster Session at 7:00PM so that the display boards can be displantled and removed.