NEW!! View our training: Partnering with Youth for Successful Transitions & download the corresponding materials below.
This insightful presentation, conducted by Carrie Gould-Kabler, MSW and Sara Bowman, MSW, LGSW, is designed to share information on Maryland's revised Youth Transition Planning Process and the ways it creates space for supportive adults to work in an effective manner with young people. Learn about the importance of transforming transition planning from something that happens TO youth to something that happens with them. Hear about the lessons learned from the Enhanced Youth Transition Planning (E-YTP) model being implemented on Maryland's Eastern Shore, and learn concrete skills, techniques, and strategies to use with the youth with whom you are partnering.
Partnering with Youth for Successful Transitions Training Materials
- Partnering with Youth Powerpoint Slides
- Ready by 21 Benchmarks
- Partnering with Youth Action Plan
- My Youth Transition Plan & Meeting Summary
- Crosswalk: Maryland's Integrated Practice Model
- Tips for Engaging Young People
- Tips for Team Meetings with Youth
Overview of Child Welfare Work in Maryland
We collaborate with federal, state, and local partners to improve systems and services for children and families across Maryland. Additionally, we provide training, technical assistance, and evaluation regarding assessments, policy, service array, and financing.
Additional highlights of our current work include:
- Providing CANS & CANS-F training and consultation statewide to improve the meaningful use of assessments
- In partnership with DHS and Children and Family Futures (CFF), we are supporting installation and implementation of the START (Sobriety Treatment and Recovery Teams) model in Maryland in 13 LDSS
For more information on CANS or CANS-F or for other inquiries, please contact our experts.