The Institute supports state and local governments and organizations in implementing and sustaining effective systems and clinical practices that promote system of care values and best meet the needs of children and youth involved in the public systems and their families.
Examples of our work include:
- Workforce development training, coaching, technical assistance, and implementation support using in-person and online resources and technology across subject areas;
- Conducting local, state and national evaluations and a variety of research initiatives;
- Translating data to guide and inform child- and family-serving agencies in their efforts to improve implementation and outcomes;
- Serving as a developer and intermediary of evidence-based, research-informed and promising practices;
- Providing policy and financing guidance and analysis;
- Managing grants, contracts, and multi-site initiatives;
- Developing regulations, white papers, strategic plans, Medicaid State Plan Amendments, training manuals, curricula, grant applications, requests for proposals, and journal articles; and,
- Facilitating strategic planning processes and convening and hosting training institutes and conferences.