What is the Texas Center?
The Texas Center is a center of excellence that supports state and local child- and family-serving systems and organizations with the design, implementation, and sustainability of high quality, effective behavioral health services and supports for children, youth, young adults, and their families. In partnership with the Youth Empowerment Services (YES) 1915c waiver, the Texas Center’s primary effort is to provide continuous quality improvement, policy, financing, research and evaluation, and workforce development expertise to support installation of Wraparound across Texas.
In addition, the Texas Center leverages national, state, and local expertise to support innovations in children’s behavioral health service delivery systems, inclusive of collaborations within child welfare, juvenile justice, education, Medicaid, and managed care organizations. As a center of excellence, The Texas Center provides:
- Implementation support for evidence-based and promising practice
- Research, evaluation, and data linking expertise
- Concrete strategies to engage partners and enhance collaboration
- Strategic planning and policy and financing expertise
- Workforce development strategies to support successful and sustainable implementation and maintenance of effective home- and community-based services and supports