SUccess through Community-based Coordination, Empowerment, Evidence-based interventions, and Direct Supports
Are you under age 25 and struggling to find or maintain reliable housing, dealing with substance use, and/or pregnant or parenting?
Stop by the YES Drop-In Center:
2315 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Description of Our Work
According to the latest data from Youth REACH MD, over 1,690 youth are experiencing homelessness in Baltimore City, with over a quarter reporting having children of their own and over half reporting not receiving the help they need.
The purpose of B’More SUCCEEDS is to enhance and expand youth-driven, trauma-responsive, and comprehensive treatment, early intervention, and recovery support for youth and young adults experiencing homelessness and using substances who are pregnant and/or parenting in Baltimore City.
We intend to:
- Increase the number of youth served with evidence-based services and increase access, engagement, and retention in physical and behavioral health treatment
- Expand the knowledge, skills, and/or capacity of providers to work with youth and appropriately respond to youth experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge
- Improve mental health outcomes
- Increase abstinence from the use of substances
- Improve parenting skills and family functioning
- Improve access to developmentally appropriate, quality educational, employment, and housing services and supports for youth
- Decrease youth involvement in and exposure to crime and violence
"We're using a strategy that incorporates youth input in the design of what the services look like, in the evaluation of how well we're doing as providers, and making sure yout hvoice is centered throughout the process."
Executive Director of Youth Empowered Society (YES) Drop-In Center
"Our goal is for B'More SUCCEEDS to support youth and young adults so that they, and their families, are safe, healthy, and housed ."
Deborah Harburger, MSW
Co-Director, Maryland Center at The Institute for Innovation & Implementation